NIKE ALPHAFLY shoe concept
Hand modeled and procedural: no scan data, no photo-sourced textures (excluding own repeat surface pattern designs). Rendered in Cycles.
3D HARD SURFACE | ALL ASPECTS
Modeling, UV unwrapping, surfacing: seamless repeat pattern design, materials, grooming: fuzz & materials, lighting, compositing & rendering.
surface pattern design
- Pablo Picasso, 1934, Picasso’s Rare 1934 Etchings for a Racy Ancient Greek Comedy, themarginalian.org/2013/10/25/picasso-lysistrata-1934/
- Photograph by Filippo Bamberghi, Jean Cocteau’s designs for Villa Santo Sospir in Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat, missmoss.co.za/2019/01/santo-sospir-the-tattooed-villa/
- Blood of Fish, Gustav Klimt, drawn in 1897, gustavklimt.net/blood-of-fish/
- NIKE Alphafly MOVE TO ZERO Initiative: nike.com/au/sustainability, sneakerjagers.com/en/n/the-nike-air-zoom-alphafly-next-nature-release-info/26317
- NIKE Alphafly Shoe, nike.com/au/w/mens-alphafly-running-shoes-1tp17z37v7jznik1zy7ok
- Gustav Klimt, Oil Painting of Adele Bloch-Bauer, 1907, klimtgallery.org/Adele-Bloch-Bauer-I-1907.html
- Gustav Klimt, Theseus and the Minotaur, en.muzeo.com/art-print/theseus-and-the-minotaur/gustav-klimt
I created this shoe based on the NIKE Alphafly MOVE TO ZERO (Nike’s journey towards a zero carbon and zero waste future) Road racing shoe – DISCLAIMER: No commercial objective: these shoes will not be reproduced or sold.
Featuring my own illustrations and surface repeat pattern textile design on the main body of each shoe.
NIKE Alphafly MOVE TO ZERO Initiative: nike.com/au/sustainability, sneakerjagers.com/en/n/the-nike-air-zoom-alphafly-next-nature-release-info/26317
NIKE Alphafly Shoe: nike.com
NIKE ZOOMX Sole: nike.com/au/zoomx
Blender Guru Tutorials: blenderguru.com/tutorials (Highly recommended! – I referred to Andrew Price’s tutorial on Geometry Nodes while creating the shards in the soles. Thank you, my first 3D teacher)